Healthy Immune Functions Overlay | Unilever Horlicks
Healthy Immune Functions
Friendly bacteria present in the intestines improve immunity. Human gut is home to about 10 good bacteria, which help maintain healthy immune function[7,8] of our body. Good bacteria present in the human intestines provide protection against disease causing microorganisms
- By not allowing them to multiply and grow in number
- By consuming their share of nutrition (nutrient competition)
- By production of factors that fight these microorganisms
Unhealthy food choices can affect immunity adversely
- Foods high in fat and sugar can adversely affect the number of good bacteria
in the intestines.
- Junk food can adversely alter the number of good bacteria in the intestines
within 24 hours.
A balanced diet rich in micronutrients can provide a healthy environment for growth and proliferation of good bacteria in the intestines (gut flora).
Horlicks Lite is rich in Vitamins such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and minerals such as Zinc, Selenium, Copper, which are nutrients known to help support healthy immune function.